Basic Setup and Login Instructions for Zoom Meetings
- You’ll be receiving a separate email/Zoom class invitation for each class session.
- Zoom can be used on your personal PC/Mac, mobile phone or tablet.
- If you’re using your phone or tablet, you will need to download the free Zoom app from the App Store. First time users on a PC or a Mac will be asked to download the program once they click on Join Zoom Meeting.
- It is strongly suggested members create a unique password just for their Zoom account. It is also required that they go into their Zoom profile and add their first and last name so we can identify them when they join the waiting room. Here is how to add your name to your Zoom account. Sign in to your account at zoom.us using your browser. If you have forgotten your password click on ”Forgot Password” to reset your password. Under the Personal tab select profile, (if you don’t see the Personal tab select your picture (or initials) in the upper right hand corner and click on your name/email to be taken directly to the profile section), select edit on the far right, fill in your first and last name, and in the Display Name box add your first and last name, then scroll down and select save changes.
- After installation, you can join the Zoom meeting at the required time by clicking the high-lighted blue URL link directly below Join Zoom Meeting which is part of the emailed class invitation you received. You should make a note of the Unique ID Code which may be required for some meetings. Most meeting will have the code embedded in the URL link however you might have to enter the Passcode – either of these will place you into the Wait Room – The Tech/Media Host will invite you into the session.
- Make sure you have your video capability enabled on your phone/tablet. This function will automatically be on if you’re using a desktop PC/Mac.
- Please do not share this invitation with anyone.
For first time users this is a video to get you started with Zoom:
Zoom regularly provides new versions of the Zoom desktop client and mobile app to release new features and fix bugs. We recommend upgrading to the latest version once it is available. Click the following link to learn how. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version