- Identify subject matter for future classes, trips, forums and activities.
- Compile the program guide for each semester, and arrange for its printing and mailing. Provide the program guide file to the Technical and Media Committee for upload to the online database. Maintain the website calendar.
- Assign a coordinator for each class, trip, and forum, from initial setup to conclusion. Coordinator tasks include:
- Write class description and obtain biographies of speakers.
- Monitor registrations and send email reminders to students.
- Identify and coordinate class audio-visual requirements.
- Obtain class attendance roster and provide to Treasurer for fee classes.
- Obtain and present gift card to speakers; write thank-you letter.
- Coordinate with Treasurer for payment of venue fees & honorariums.
- Prepare periodic reports of registration and attendance figures to the BOD.
- Obtain feedback from members to gauge interests for future classes.
- Maintain a list of venues and seek new venues to meet future class needs.
- Provide audio-visual equipment for classes & events as required.
- Prepare an annual budget for the committee.
- Recruit enough members to form sub committees to develop classes in each subject category.
- Obtain additional venues large enough to accommodate the growing number of participants.